Toronto Private Hospital is open for business and continues to provide rehabilitation services and medical (non COVID-19) care to meet the needs of patients without interruption to our hospital’s capacity and operations.
In the interests of our patients, staff, doctors and visitors, as a Healthe Care-operated hospital we have implemented additional precautionary measures in accordance with COVID-19 regulations.
Important steps we’ve taken in response to COVID-19 to ensure a safe hospital environment is maintained for our patients, staff and doctors:
- Our hospital has restricted visitors to 1 hour daily, and maximum 1 visitor per patient.
- Our hospital access point is staffed and limited only to primary access via the hospital’s front reception.
- All who enter our hospital are required to complete a screening questionnaire – around returning from overseas travel; being in contact with a case of COVID-19; and displaying flu-like or respiratory symptoms.
- Mandatory temperature screening is taken on entry to the hospital with infection control and safe hand hygiene routines enforced.
- Hospital management continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely in conjunction government advisements and the relevant authorities, to ensure clear processes and policies to manage through all possible scenarios while mitigating the risks associated with COVID-19.
- Our Healthe Care executive, hospital management and key functional areas across the business continue to meet regularly to plan for, and manage through all other considerations as they arise.
Where can I get more information?
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health homepage at www.health.gov.au.
Call the Public Health Information Line on 1800 004 599.
Discuss any questions you have with the Public Health Agency monitoring you.
Contact your state or territory public health agency:
- NSW call 1300 066 055
- VIC call 1300 651 160
- QLD call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
- TAS call 1800 671 738
- WA visit www.healthywa.wa.gov.au or call your local public health unit
- SA call 1300 232 272
- ACT call 02 5124 9213
- NT call 08 8922 8044
Please note, Healthe Care Australia monitors daily directions issued by the Australian Government regarding COVID-19 and continues to assess hospital processes accordingly.