In celebration of Mental Health Week, Toronto Private Hospital would like to invite artists to participate in the 2018 art show titled ‘Transitions’. The art show will be held in the new Toronto Therapies Service Area on Wednesday 10th October, from 10am to 12pm.
Artists are asked to provide an artwork inspired by the theme ‘Transitions’.
The art show will be judged by Lake Macquarie Art Gallery Curator, Deborah Abraham and Toronto Private Hospital CEO, Jason Thomas. The winner will be awarded $300, with a $300 prize also on offer for the people’s choice award.
A celebration morning tea and short presentation will be held from 10am to 11am and voting for the people’s choice award and announcement of winner at 11am.
Please RSVP for the morning tea using the contact details below.
- Entrants must read and agree to the terms and conditions:
- Entry is open to all who are currently or have previously experienced a mental health illness.
- Artwork must be original and the property of the entrant.
- Mounted, ready-to-hang artwork must be delivered to Toronto Private Hospital reception between Monday 17th September and 5pm Friday 5th October.
- Entrants are permitted to submit a maximum of 2 original pieces.
- Entries received after this time will not be exhibited in the art show.
- Artwork must be collected by 5pm Friday 19th October. Unclaimed artwork will remain the property of Toronto Private Hospital.
- Artwork must not exceed 1m x 1m.
- Photographs of the artwork and of attendees at the morning tea may also be used in future Toronto Private Hospital promotional items and social media.
- While all care will be taken, the hospital will accept no responsibility for any damage that may occur to an artwork, particularly in the hanging of the artwork, or for the loss of an artwork.
- Artwork will be judged on individuality and the judge’s decision is final.
- Artwork must be accompanied by the entry form.
For more information or to RSVP, contact Rebecca Brennan on:
Phone: 0459 988 139